Share |

Sunday, May 28, 2017

What I've Been Up To

Hello. Summer is almost here, Yay! It has been nice to get out and about and enjoy the sunshine. Our garden is planted, such that it is. We only planted tomatoes, green beans, zucchini squash and green peppers. Can't wait for fresh tomatoes. And I'm hoping the birds leave my blueberries alone.

Most of my fruits are in my recent quilts. 😎

This is a top I did in another Lori Holt Sew Along. Its called Sweetie Pie. 


This top was done with the centers cut from the flowers in the Sweetie Pie Quilt.


 I just finished making these strawberries today. I still need to sew on sashings and 2 borders. Love this one!!!  All 3 tops need quilting. Thats next on the list.



Mackenzie is making this as her next project. You can see in the next picture she has the squares sewn together. Her Aunt Patty Hall gave her the pieces in a kit. She's doing well. Tomorrow we will layer and quilt it. Then she will make the baby on her next visit.



I have always loved David Bowie and his music. It was so sad when I heard he died. A few weeks later I heard that the UK was coming out with a commemorative stamp set to honor him. One of my friends from Scotland, Betty Brook, was kind enough to order and mail a set to me. I plan to get a nice frame for them.



And, finally, my new do. LOL. It looked like that for 1 day, and I have not been successful at recreating the look.

Hope all is well with all my quilting friends.

Later,
WilmaNC

8 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love your PIE quilt and the one with the cut-outs is so sweet. How lovely to have a little sewing buddy. That is a cute doll quilt pattern. I get my hair cut and styled and it too lasts a day or two.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

We seem to only have grass and weeds in our garden! The quilts look great - I love the strawberries! Yay for little miss junior quilter!!!

quilter000 said...

Wilma I love your hair like that! looks sassy and natural. Kenzie is doing great! She has a good teacher. Your quilts are all beautiful wish i could work as fast as you do!
enjoy the kidlets!

weidemama said...

Hallo Wilma
Danke für deinen netten Kommentar auf meinem Blog , ich freue mich sehr darüber etwas von dir zu lesen .Du warst so fleißig mit Nähen und Patch , es sieht schön aus !Bis bald mal, liebe Grüße von Wilma

Hello Wilma
Thanks for your nice comment on my blog, I am very happy to read something about you. You were so diligent with sewing and patch, it looks nice! See you soon, dear greetings from Wilma

Anonymous said...

That's a little like my haircut, but I have some natural curl left in the ends and just use a spritzer (stuff I got from Great Clips - who did not do my haircut!) and bend over, spray and fluff a lot. If you don't have natural curl, see if you can get just the ends permed, the bottom 4-6 inches, and I'll bet that will do it.

You did fabulous quilt tops! Those strawberries are so cute. I love the pose of your sweet girl, with her knee stuck out. You are definitely bring along another generation of quilters.

Lucy said...

The sweetie pie quilt and strawberries are beautiful. So glad to see you on the blog again. I check your blog friends all the time.

pollyanna said...

Hey Gurl! Waving from west coast~~~~~~~~

Credit Loan Solution said...

Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

Your Name:...............
Your Country:...............
Your Occupation:...............
Loan Amount Needed:...............
Loan Duration...............
Monthly Income:...............
Your Telephone Number:.....................
Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com
Phone number :+44-7774-038335 (WhatsApp Only)