Share |

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Here today, gone tomorrow

Here today, gone tomorrow. That can certainly be used to describe many situations. Like, how we had all that snow on a Friday, freezing temps on Saturday, then on Tuesday, all better with temps in the 60's.

That goes the same for many things in our country. Or maybe it's the opposite. I really thought racial and gender equality was a done deal. I always thought that when all the old people who remembered segregation and bigotry were dead and gone, that it would be a non issue. I guess I forgot that those people have children and that they teach those children everything they know. Now it looks like all the bad stuff will be coming right back home to roost. It's a sad day for our country. Hopefully we can overcome this also.

Quilts are also here today, gone tomorrow. At least they are gone from the UFO pile, and many times gone from our house to go live somewhere else. I have been reducing my finished quilt stacks by giving quilts for every occasion I can think of, lol. But I still have way too many.

This is my latest quilt to finish up. It was from  a Lori Holt quilt along done in 2016. I love the brightness of her patterns. And I love this quilt.


I mentioned in my last post that my GGD, Mackenzie, was going to start trying her hand at the sewing machine. She did so good!!!  She's a natural. 


This is a swag she made to let her get the feel of running fabric through the machine. . She was very proud. Her sister, Khloe, will learn the machine after I'm done with Mackenzie. (She was cold so was wearing one of my sweaters, lol. )




When she was finished with the swag, she made this little quilt. She sewed it all together. All I did was sew the binding onto the back so she could sew it down on the front, and I put her name on it.




Yesterday she came over and made this pillow for her sister. She did all the sewing on this. It was a printed fabric, but she quilted down the lines.



And for no reason whatsoever, here are my sweet dogs. The little one is Mona. The big one is Star.





Next on my agenda is making a couple of sets of the microwave bowl holders for my DIL. That shouldn't take too long. Then back to my sew alongs. In addition to the Winter Solstice, which is so very easy, I'm starting another Lori Holt project. It should be fun.

I'll keep you posted. haha.

WilmaNC


5 COMMENT:

Lucy said...

Your Lori Holt quilt along is beautiful and I love the bright colors. What a challenge 48 blocks great job.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, times right now are a bit scarey. Love your LH quilt - working on this one with a group of local ladies for this year.

Anonymous said...

I really like your Lori Holt quilt. I hope you've been able to do some walking the last few days while it was nice. Chloe's projects look great! I have a quote I live by: Face the future with optimism.

Sheila said...

Wow! I LOVE your Lori Holt quilt! I have that book and have made a few blocks.
Cute little doll quilt! She did a beautiful job. You go ladies!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The quilt is fab, but the rear star of the post is the GGD (great granddaughter? Really????). She has made some fab things