Share |

Monday, January 9, 2017

Brrrrr!!!!

We are in the midst of a very cold snap, although its warming up a bit, so I have spent lots of time in my sewing room. Yesterday the high was like 17F, today is going to be up to 36F, tomorrow mid 40's, Thursday low 60's  then Friday mid 60's. Gotta love the south.

Did the 3rd block in Pat Sloan's Winter Solstice sewalong. I guess I will stick with the blues since that seems to be the way I am heading.



Framed up the Moda Neighborhood quilt, almost done in the picture.


Here it is all done! It came out great. And I am so delighted that I quilted the whole thing without any thread breaks or tension issues. I love it when that happens.


I saw this posted somewhere so I thought I would give it a try. I am somewhat lax about labeling quilts, so when I saw this, I got excited. So easy and I like the way it looks. Next time I will add a little more info. I used my usual 2 1/2" strips to make the binding. After folding it in half and pressing, just program your machine's alphabet to spell out what you want. Sew it close to the folded edge, then be sure you have your binding pinned/clipped the right way so the letters are on the correct side. 


While I was rooting around I found this quilt half finished. The jars were done in a swap in 2003, and I know I pieced the top a couple of years later. I plan to finish quilting this on the Janome. I don't think an all over quilting would do it justice.


Oh, I also had time to knit a new hat. A friend had made me one with this yarn, but it was too big, so I unraveled it and made this one that does fit. I don't look good in a hat, but it sure does keep my head warm.


I saw these somewhere too. Tags to put on your quilty gifts. Kind of passive aggressive, but that's how I roll, lol.

I have to finish pinning this quilt on the frame then can get to quilting it. It was from a Lori Holt sew along from last year.


My GGD, Kenzie, is here for her first lesson on the machine today. I have a cute project and will show you when she finishes. We are both excited.

Have a great day!

WilmaNC

3 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Well done on your first finish for the year - sweet quilt. Love how you set the jars in the cupboard - very different. It is cold every where it seems - keep warm and enjoy your sewing buddy.

Lucy said...

The binding is great. Don't have to make a label to see who made it. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

I really like the Neighborhood quilt - such a lovely job you did. I really like what you did with the jars, too. I like the fabrics you used for the solstice blocks. Those are so nicely done!