Share |

Sunday, September 25, 2016

More projects

I said I would show you more of the things I have done lately. And since I am a woman of my word, here are a few.

My son gave me a kit to make this pin cushion for Christmas last year. I finally got it made. They even have these in a full size foot stool!! Don't think I will make one of those soon though.


In 2011 I started embroidering these barns to make a Barn Quilt. I found them a few weeks ago and finished the last 4. Now to make the sashings. Its going to be so pretty!!


I am doing the Moda Quilt-a-long, Be My Neighbor. It is a fun weekly project. Here are my first 3 blocks. They are 18" blocks, so the pieces are big. It's going to be awesome.


I have 2 pieces of "art", both prints of paintings. The big one was given to me by the artist, Kin Shogren, when I was doing home health care in 1990. It is one of my prized possessions. The small one is a little print by Sally Nixon. She did paintings of herself doing normal things that a girl does when alone. That is exactly me in my couch nest with my snacks, book, laptop etc within reach, covered by a quilt. It is a tiny print, 4", but I had to have it!


And finally, after watching way too many episodes of Fixer Upper, I wanted a wooden wall above my bed. We found the distressed white wood at a surplus store. The guy charged us 20.00 for the wood and cut it to size for free. WIN!!! And I love the way it looks.


I'm waiting for the cooler weather to come. This heat is getting me down. It's fall, technically, but we won't be cooling off until next week. I guess I can wait.

Take care all.
Later,
WilmaNC


6 COMMENT:

Lucy said...

The pincushion is real cute. The barn blocks were a lot of work. They will look great with what every sashing you choose.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lots of lovely stuff there!

Gari in AL said...

I love your barns. My mother is a barn person but I don't think I could embroider them. And your headboard is beautiful. Those Fixer Upper shows really do come up with some great ideas, don't they?

SabrinaGreen said...

Manage your parking deal at the airport. Heathrow Meet & Greet

Brooke Higgins said...

Great work. Hats of you. meet and greet luton airport

quilter000 said...

Time to post some of your new finished quilt projects lucy wants to see.