Share |

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Twister Tree

I finished the twister tree from the fabrics and pattern that my son and dil (daughter -in-love) gave me for Christmas. I like the quilt, but there is really a lot of fabric wasted. Learning a new technique was fun though. I quilted it on my frame and did an all over meander. Now to add a label and a hanging sleeve, then put it somewhere I will remember next Christmas, lol.


I accidentally sewed the bottom 3 rows backwards due to the fact that I couldn't get all the squares on my design wall. But Dave says it looks OK and no one will notice.

Still getting used to the little ones being around. They need guidance but not from me!! I am the grandma who gets to spoil them.

Later,
WilmaNC

6 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is so pretty and the first time I have seen the twister tree - and yes, who's to know about the 'oops' part.

Pokey said...

It came out very nice, good for you to finish up a new project so quickly! I felt the same way about the waste, I made 2 table runners and was glad I didn't invest in the ruler, but just used a paper template. It's fun to learn new ways, though, don't you think?
:-}pokey

Brandie said...

That is the cutest twister I ever seen! Very cute!

quilter000 said...

awesome sister. a finish so that is always a good thing. Patty

Anonymous said...

It's a great wall hanging and will brighten a wall during December. I, too, thought the method wasted a lot of fabric, but I tried to save the pieces I could and use them in very scrappy blocks.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

That's a fab use of the twister method xxx