Share |

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Baby It Was Cold Outside

Hopefully our little cold snap is over and Hurricane Sandy is going away! We had a little snow yesterday, rain this morning, but sunshine is in the forecast for the rest of the week.

While I was staying cozy indoors I made this quilt top. It is 24x24, and I did it all with wonder under and plan to machine applique it down and freemo in the large empty areas. It is so cute!!!


I just noticed that the little pieces of coal on the left  looks like poop pellets, lol. Should have changed the placement....

The pattern is from 1998 by Curtis Boehringer. There are patterns for each month in a series called Snowmen Will Melt Your Heart. I liked this one the best.

Hope everyone is safe and recovering from the crappy weather.

Later,
WilmaNC

9 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How cute is that! Ha - snowman pellets - didn't even think that until you mentioned it.

Kim D. said...

Hi Wilma, I'm glad you are okay after that horrific Sandy Hurricane. Your quilt top is really sweetl! I have some of those adorable patterns. I was going to get around to collecting them all, but that didn't happen.

Sheila said...

Ii is cold here, too. Warmer temps are predicted for the weekend.
Love the wall hanging. I thought those were rocks on the ground beside the snowmen. haha

Frog Quilter said...

LOL about the special coal pieces. Cute!!

Paula, the quilter said...

This is a very cute top. I did a stitchery once that had a black cat sitting on a flying broom. The broom had an unfortunate placement so I moved it to a position leaning against a wall behind the cat.

Lucy said...

Your Snow Man is so cute. I love
the faces of the snow men too.
Glad you had no damage from
Sandy. We have had rain every
day since Saturday.

Brandie said...

That is cute and happy, except for the poo. Hahaha

Agy said...

Gosh, I saw the aftermath of Sandy on the TV and it was a horrible sight. I hope everyone is safe and sound. Glad to hear you and your family are fine :-)

Pokey said...

I didn't think they were pellets! But, now that you mention it...
:-}pokey