Share |

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Doll Quilts

I'm sitting here in the early AM, all alone, in peace and quiet, listening to the rain and thunder outside. It's very soothing.

I am so enjoying the monthly doll quilt swap I'm enrolled in. (See sidebar , you should join, it's fun!!) The smaller things are appealing to me more and more, I guess because of the faster finishes. The theme for July was patriotic,and this is the quilt I made. It was deconstructed star blocks. I quilted it with red, white and blue variegated thread and tried a quilting method I saw online somewhere.


The quilt I received is beautiful!!! I love it. It was made by Meg in Virginia.


Isn't it pretty??You should consider joining this swap. It's fun!! (Did I say that already??)

I'm getting stuff moved around in the house since MIL moved. What a lot of stuff she had. I think she kept all the mail they received from 1960, lol. She also has every vase from every floral gift she ever received. So, we are going to have a yard sale in August. And whatever is left will go to Goodwill.

The only downside to all this moving around of stuff is that many things are coming in the house from my sewing room, so now I have to rearrange that too, lol.  But life is good!!

WilmaNC

5 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Two great quilts and I enjoy the Doll Quilt group too. A great group of quilters.

black bear cabin said...

a monthly doll quilt group...im definitely going to check it out :) Sounds like rearranging your house will be a fun thing...enjoy having the space back...it will be fun for both of you :)

Lucy said...

The doll quilts are so cute.
Very expert and delicate. Send
some rain up here.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Both quilts are great. I love the randomness of your deconstructed squares, I avent heard that term before!

Carrie P. said...

both quilts are very cute. nice swap.
send some of that rain this way please! not a drop in weeks.