Share |

Friday, June 29, 2012

Mixin away....

My mixer came UPS last evening!! YAY!! I had it unpacked immediately. and I got her going this morning. Here's a picture of her. I think she needs a name, lol. The grey actually looks better than the yellow would have. 


I looked through the cookbook that came with it, and decided to make a chocolate cake. This is the first cake I have ever made from scratch. Really! It was fun.


Here it is out of the oven. Smell it?? I bought frosting though. Maybe next time I will make my own. My next baking attempt will be biscuits . Dave makes really good sausage gravy. YUM.


Finished up a quilt I made a few years ago. It was a one day mystery and was made with fake curves and rick rack. I don't really need it, so it's going to the Guardian ad Litem office for some child. Better there than the pile.



The thermometer in the back of our house reads 103 right now.

Later,
WilmaNC

7 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, I can smell that cake here - but I will take a slice with no frosting, please. What a sweet quilt - yes, a quilt to be loved rather than stored - very interesting pattern.

Brandie said...

Beautiful Mixer! Have fun baking. Let me know if you want any good recipes and what kind.
Great quilt!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oooh, I was so excited when I saw the post heading, it arrived! That was quick. It's lovely, and the grey was a good choice. Cake, cookies? How is the diet going? I made a real effort . . . And GAINED 6 pounds! The quilt is lovely, someone will appreciate that

Sheila said...

Love your new mixer!! I want one too.
Lovely quilt :D

Carrie P. said...

103* in the mountains. We have the same in the Piedmont.
I saw a lime green mixer at Macy's I would like to have.
Love your quilt.

black bear cabin said...

hooray..i can surf blogs again :) sorry i havent been by in a while...love your little quilt...im sure it will be well loved! as for the new kithcen aid....awesome, but then, im the worst baker, so id be better of with blender :) heehhehe
enjoy!

DragonPoodle said...

Congrats on the mixer! Love the gray, it looks VERY professional!

lovely quilt too, and what a great use for it.

regards
Cheryl Warren