Share |

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

We're having a heat wave....

Is it as hot where you are? We have been sweltering here with the high temperatures and the humidity. Though today is supposed to only have a high of 79, by the weekend we're going to 98!!! Yuk. And my son is going to be here for a visit. We will definitely be going up on the parkway to get some cooler temps, and do some hiking.



I had decided to do another BOM/mystery quilt. Haven't done one in a while, but this one sounded intriguing, so thought I would give it a try. I made the first block, and it was not a fun one. Difficult to sew together, and the seam allowances at the edges are not quite 1/4". The block is pretty, so I will hang in there and see what comes next installment. Here is my block. Click on the button above if you want to check it out.


The lap quilt client really loved her quilt. I have been paid and my mixer is ordered and has been shipped. Alas, I didn't get the yellow one as I found a deal with more attachments, but not in yellow. So I got grey. When it gets here I will show you a picture, and I will bake you something good. :)

Later,
WilmaNC

9 COMMENT:

Gari in AL said...

We are in Gastonia where it is 66 with an anticipated high of 82, cool by AL standards. After Mary Jo's and Long Creek Mills, and a couple of stops in Charlotte, we will be headed to the Boone area and the peaceful cabin our son has rented for the four of us.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I saw this mystery advertised - very interesting. Love your first block. It was near the 100's here for a week and now has cooled right off to high 60's with a little rain each day.

Carrie P. said...

I am not looking forward to 98*. It is really nice today.
that block is pretty.
I want to get a Kitchen mixer one. Maybe Santa will bring me one.

Brandie said...

Looking forward to some goodies!
Last week we had our heat wave. This week has been really pleasant, even chilly.
Keep cool

Miss Hillbilly said...

You can make a yellow patchwork cover for it :)

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

We'll take some of your heat, still waiting for our summer! I think the extra bits probably beats yellow - as Tonya says, a yellow cover is a good idea

quilter000 said...

way to Wilma it looks nice like the colors. off to see Vicki today

Lucy said...

It us 99 degrees now at 500PM. Your block is nice. I am doing the Ben Franklin too. Sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

I like your block and colors very much! It's 100 here today, at 5:30. =P