Share |

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Feast or Famine

Seems like just last week (actually it was!!) that I was having a hard time getting motivated, or finding anything to blog about that might be interesting, then all of a sudden, today I have bunches!!

First, I made this quilt for a Charity quilt kickoff on The Quilting Bee (see sidebar). The green fabric was sent to me to make a quilt. I like what I came up with, and named it "Does This Skirt Make My Feet Look Big?". I made the flip flops a tad to large, hence the name. Anyway, after everyone finished theirs, we all voted. I won 3rd prize!!!! I donated the quilt to the Asheville Guardian ad Litem office.



And Valerie, of Valerie's Patchwork, made me this cute chicken tote for my prize. Go visit her site, she is an excellent quilter, and if you are gluten intolerant, she has recipes and information for that.


When I was in my quilting slump, I made myself do something, and this is what it was, another Patchabilitie. Quick and sweet, and got me right back in the mood.


I am doing this mystery quilt with the ABC group, and it has bunches of small squares that I am to arrange all on my own!!! So, I found this little spyglass that reduces the squares into a quilt-like pic when I am up close. I have had this thing for so long and never used it, til now. My sister, Patty, gave it to me. She must have known something that I didn't, lol.



Quite some time ago I was lucky enough to get to be a Pay it Forward recipient from Benta, ( visit her site too, she does a lot of neat stuff!) a lady I met on the Block Lotto (see sidebar) boards. I received her package today and was so excited!!! There was this package inside the envelope.


Inside the package were these little scissor fobs that she makes. Sweet!!


Also enclosed were these really neat row counters, that will come in handy when I sew together the mystery mentioned above.

And finally, she sent me a lunch bag that is sooo cute. I couldn't get it to stand up right for the picture, but you can get the gist of it.



 We took a long walk in town today, and as we were getting back to the car, I saw strawberries at the fruit stand, so I just had to stop. They are a little early this year, but man are they good. These are from Chesney, SC and are delicious!!! Did I say they were good??? MIL is making shortcake to go along with them for supper.


Then when I checked my emails, there was this recipe for a grilled Peanut Butter and Banana split sandwich using strawberries!!! OMG.




And one more thing about food. I absolutely LOVE oatmeal, but I like it sweet, and always used quite a bit of sugar. Plus I hated the cooking time at the stove, I prefer to microwave. Now I make my oatmeal like this: put 1/2 cup of Old Fashioned Oatmeal in a microwave safe bowl, add 1/2 cup water, stir, microwave for 1 minute. I add a few walnut pieces, a little bit of skim milk, sometimes a few raisins, then I sweeten it with a couple spoonfuls of Log Cabin sugar free maple syrup. It comes out awesome and perfect every time. And sweet enough to suit me. Just had to pass this along to those of you who actually read this whole post....:P

WilmaNC


7 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I guess you got motor-vated! So love the mini with the jars,cups, etc.... Thank you for the gluten blogger - sent that on to my daughter as her kids are gluten allergic. And I wrote down the peanut butter/banana/strawberry sandwich - just my kind of treat.

Brandie said...

Wow! You do have a lot to show and all of it fabulous!
I'm going to try that oatmeal. I would try the sandwich but I'm allergic to strawberries. Which I hate during this season. But I like breathing, so I just smell them.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

So glad the package arrived ok. I lovethe stacked flowerpots, really fun, and the sandwich looks scrummy!

Lucy said...

I like the flower pots, I eat oatmeal 1/2 c. water 1/4 c. oats and cook 1 1/2 minutes in microwave then with 1 t. of jam and milk I enjoy it. Will have to try peanut butter and banana.

DragonPoodle said...

I'll take my oatmeal in cookies, with raisins! Love the cute goodies, very inspiring to see.
Cheryl Warren

Anonymous said...

I love my oatmeal sweet, too, with golden raisins and dates and cranberries and dark chocolate chips! =) Love the charity quilt and the pots, especially. Looks like you had a very quilty and busy week.

I think if you reply to livejournal as anonymous and just leave your name for me, it will be easier. =)

Sheila said...

Lots going on at your place! I like my oatmeal in cookies. Mix in some raisins have been chopped up in the blender. Then stir in a hand full of chopped pecans, a handful of mini chocolate chips, bake and enjoy warm from the oven and the next day if there are some left. haha