Share |

Monday, January 23, 2012

Floating My Quilt and My Boat

I have recently got into a finishing mode, so I cleaned off the quilting frame, cleaned and oiled the machine, and decided to get some quilting done. I always float my quilt top, and usually pin the edges, but I found these things I had purchased a while back and decided I would give them another go. They are working great!!! I got them from a greenhouse supply somewhere online. They are used to hold the plastic to the pole on ready to assemble greenhouses and seemed like they would work for anchoring my quilt top. I'm so glad I found them!! Sometimes it's good to give things a second try. Can you see how they work?



Any Rizzoli and Isles fans out there? I absolutely love that show, so much so that I purchased the t-shirt that they wear on their ball team. Now, this floats my boat!!! LOL. Am I too old to be such a fangirl???




Have a great day.

WilmaNC

7 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You're never too old Wilma! I still wear scout camp shirts from when my boys were in cub scouts.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

those clips look a great idea - well done for thinking outside the box

Gari in AL said...

those clips look great. Too bad you can't remember where you got them or what they were called. If you remember, please give me a shout.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Stay young forever!!

I didn't know you had a long arm. Finishes feel great, don't they?

sophie said...

Love the T-shirt!! I am a Rizzoli and Isles fan, too, though I don't know if I could pull off wearing a T-shirt with a gun on it in public ;-)

Pokey said...

I float my quilt top too, and pin the front on each roll of the top. So, I am curios about your clamps, any further advice on where you found them? Good job on 3 finishes already this year!
:-}pokey

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
Fisher Price Travel Doodle Pro (Pink)