Share |

Monday, October 17, 2011

I love fall, and some more finishes

We have been enjoying the weather here in western NC so much this past week. It is clear and crisp and the leaves are just beautiful. I think this week will pretty much be the end of it, so we plan to enjoy being outside as much as we can.

Took this picture on the Mountains to Sea Trail going to Rattlesnake Lodge on Friday. I call it: Where's Dave? He's in there, lol.



And on Thursday, we went and walked around Biltmore and had lunch there. It was so nice. Here's me by one of the lakes there. Dave liked the reflection of the trees in the water.



As you know I am working on the Christmas Sewalong (see sidebar). There are 4 blocks so far and I am all caught up.


And last but not least, here is what I made for my great grandson, Carter, for Christmas. I found this on the net and just had to make it. Was pretty quick actually, took all day yesterday.


Shoot, the picture is sideways, but you can still see. The eyes of the fish are velcro, and there is velcro on the hook, so he can go fishin!!! The fish are made from felt, so even if he can't catch the eye, it will stick anywhere else on the fish, except the print. I even made a little bag to store the fishies. This is so cute!!! You can see the tutorial here. It was even easy to do the stuffing, and I usually hate that part.

I have started working on the most awesome quilt. I will share with you the blocks as I get them done. It is embroidered blocks set in a quilt, and awesome is an understatement!!! I'll share more later.

Oh, if you don't read the blog of the Bitchy Stitcher, you should. She made a calendar made up of men wrapped in quilts and holding a burrito that is awesome, and the proceeds go to charity. Check it out.


You can purchase it here. I ordered mine today.


Have a great day, WilmaNC

4 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely fall photos - look how tiny your are!!! The fishy game is too cute, clever gal. I am catching up on the stitcheries - too many projects. Funny calendar.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your grandson will love to go fishin'. Thanks for sharing the lovely fall photos.

Lucy said...

The pictures of the leaves are great. The fish game your grandson should have a lot of fun. I will finish block 4 today of the Christmas Banner.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

LOVE the fishing game! Now off o look at the calendar!