Share |

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall and Pumpkins

Fall is almost here, I love the coolness in the air, and the trees are just beginning to turn. I even like wearing long pants for a change.

So I was looking for some fall decorations and found these 2 styrofoam pumpkins that I bought years ago. They have become very faded so I decided to find a way to spruce them up. Lo and behold, I got an issue of Southern Living in the mail (bought the subscription with Coke rewards) that had an article about decorating pumpkins.

I found some fallish fabrics, put them on the printer plate and made color copies. Then I cut the papers into strips, and with Mod Podge, I stuck them to the outside of the fake pumpkins. They are cute.





And easy peasy. Sweet!!

Still working on the bracelet tutorial. Soon....

WilmaNC

6 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I like this a lot. Someone else did this on live pumpkins, but this is so much better because you can keep them - or even 're-dress' them.

Lucy said...

I love the one with the striped
material. Good Job.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Great fun!

Brandie said...

Love them!

Sheila said...

COOL!

Carrie P. said...

How cute are those pumpkins. I saw the same thing done in a different magazine but can't remember which one.
Cute bracelets.
hey, what is that mountain in your profile picture?