Share |

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A couple of new things

Thanks for all the nice comments on my weight loss post. Just wanted to pass on that I did try tucking in my shirt, and I don't like the way it feels with all that stuff around my waist, plus I hate wearing belts. I did try though.....

I finished a couple of things recently. The first is the July tablerunner from the Cotton Way series. I love all of these. I had the top made for a while, and I finished up the quilting and the binding while at the Ohio retreat. It looks kinda 3D up close.


I purchased a pattern for a Christmas mug rug from Pleasant Home a couple of weeks ago. It is so cute, and very easy, but I like to support folks' business endeavors when I can.


There is a pocket on the left for a letter to Santa, or a cookie or 2. My little patches on the right are wavy. While sewing I kept wondering why it was so hard to keep them straight while quilting, then realized that when I attached my walking foot, I didn't get the little lifter bar on the screw, so it was feeding normally instead of evenly, lol. This one will go to the grandkids, they won't care.

I have taken all of the pictures for the bracelet tutorial, but still have to write the instructions. It will be up by the end of the week.

Later,
WilmaNC

4 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

They actually call that 'organic' quilting, so if someone says anything about the lines on your mug rug - just tell them you did it in that quilting style. Cute projects.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Or liberated quilting? The grandchildren will love it!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Organic and liberated quilting. LOL, great comments. And I do not tuck in shirts either. Never have. I completely understand where you are coming from!!

Gari in AL said...

What I tell my ladies is that you want to be able to tuck in your shirt and look good. Whether you wear it that way or not is your call. Love the santa mug rug.