Share |

Friday, September 23, 2011

Bracelet tutorial

Here's how I made my bracelet, though the one with my name was given to me by my sister in a little kit at our retreat.

First, cut out a plain rectangle about 2 inches long and a little wider than you want your bracelet. Using the alphabet setting on your machine embroider the name you would like on the bracelet. You can use a piece of stabilizer of you like.


Cut scraps of materials you would like in your bracelet. Make them as wide as you would like your bracelet. I made mine about 2 inches wide. Cut 4 pieces for each bracelet, 2 for each side of name patch.


Sew patches together in sets of 2.


Each set will be sewn to sides of name patch.




Cut a piece of batting and a piece of backing the same size as your bracelet top  (I trimmed to 7 inches long, I like my bracelets loose) and layer, fabrics right sides together with batting on top.




Sew around sides using 1/4" seam allowance leaving an opening for turning.


Turn.


An option to turning is to just layer normally and do a blanket stitch around the edges. Turning these little tubes is hard!! At least for me, lol. After deciding what closure you would like, sew the ends closed.


You can make whatever closure you like. For Sarrah's I put on a snap. For Kenzie's (she only 2) I sewed on a button and a small elastic loop. (Note: I sewed the button on so securely that I could barely get the elastic around it!! Didn't want a choking hazard.) I like to top stitch around the edges for a nice finished look. 


Here are the finished bracelets.


Hope you can follow this easily. I am definitely NOT a tech writer, lol. 

These will make very cute Christmas gifts for the girls in your life.

WilmaNC

4 COMMENT:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lovely! (you didnt go for the boiled lolly sticks then? )

:-)

quilter000 said...

Sister maybe you could have used some velcro for the younger one. They are so fun and easy to make.Patty

Lucy said...

How clever to have a personal bracelet.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Those are very cute!