Share |

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Windows

I felt the need to get the complaining post down, lost a couple of followers over that one, lol.

Todays project is a window. I was looking on Craig's List one day and found old windows for $2.50. Of course I had to send Dave to get me a couple. One has panes and the other is full glass. So I took the one with panes, and found the most appropriate fabric I could find in my stash, used ModPodge, and voila. A cool window. I want to use the full pane to paint a large quilt square.

Before:



After:

Seed packets, lol.

Oh, I also finished 2 more kites for my great grandkids in Minnesota.


Their names are embroidered on the kites but you can't see it very clearly in the picture.

Now, I think I will finish piecing a quilt top I started a while back, and also catch up on my episodes of General Hospital.

Later,
WilmaNC

10 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wilma, love your window - what a clever project. And you photo'ed it beautifully. Those kites are adorable.

Cheryl Warren said...

darn, must have missed the "complaining" post! I hope you really let-er-rip about whatever it was.

love the seed packet window!

Lucy said...

I clicked on the pictures of the kites and can see the beautiful colors you used. They will look great on your grandson's walls.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The window is great! As for the ex-followers... I hope you aren't losing sleep!

Myra said...

That window is fabulous Wilma! You are so creative. Love the kites too.

Roma said...

Window looks great! And a clever idea as well. Looks nice among your flowers too.

As others have said, don't loose sleep over the followers leaving.
More will come.

The kites are so cute. Now all their friends of the your GG, will want one too..

wendiq said...

You are so clever.....Window is super. I like the kites, too. Do you make a big piece and then cut it or do you follow a pattern? I have two young granddaughters that would like this for their room, I'm sure......

Angie said...

First let me 'just say' I agree with you whole-heartedly about the 'commercials', 'sponsors', etc. on a lot of the blogs now. Now I feel better too. :D On to that window---I WANT ONE JUST LIKE IT!!! :) I 'hoard' old windows/frames, etc. and it drives my husband bonkers. :/ He's always asking 'what in the H**L are you going to do with that?!!' What a hoot! :D Life's short--gotta hoard fabric and wood. LOL

Kathryn D. Duke said...

nice kits too...you are creative!!

Vesuviusmama said...

What a clever use for those old windows. I often see and want to get salvage house bits, but I never know what to do with them.