Share |

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Vacation, and a Patchability

We are planning a big trip this summer. In fact, we are leaving next Monday for 19, count 'em, 19 days!!! We're driving cross country to Riverside, California to visit our son, Jack, and to see all we can see while we are there. On the way out we are planning a 3 day stop in Flagstaff, AZ to see the Grand Canyon etc. While in California we are also going to go to Yosemite for a couple of days. I plan to blog every day about what we have done, so the family can keep up, but I don't expect all you hundreds and hundreds of folks who follow my blog to read it all, lol. I am excited!!!!

Went to walk up on the Parkway yesterday and stopped at a quilt shop in Burnsville, Needle Me This, on the way home. I saw this Patchability and just had to get it, and I finished it today. Instant gratification. And so cute.



I'll try to get in one more post before we leave. Did I tell you I'm so excited????

WilmaNC

14 COMMENT:

sophie said...

Have a fabulous trip!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This sounds like a terrific trip and I would love to share it with you thru your blog. Cute Patchability pattern!

Belinda said...

I'm excited for you Wilma! Have a great trip! I'm looking forward to hearing about all the fun you are going to have.

Myra said...

That sounds like the vacation of a lifetime. Enjoy the trip and time with your family!

Gari in AL said...

How excitiing for you. Many years ago (42) we took a 2 month trip to the West Coast: we had a 6 yo, 2.5yo, and 6 month old twins. We camped and visited relatives and friends. Had a wonderful time: came home really broke. Happy Vacation.

quilter000 said...

Have a fun and safe journey. You will be missed here I am sure of it!!
Nice little flag too.
Love ya Sister patty

black bear cabin said...

sounds like a wonderful adventure...and im looking forward to following along! have fun :)

Roma said...

whoo hoo sister, the time is getting closer. And I know how really excited you are!
Post lots of pictures.. they are worth a 1000 words, or so I'm told..

Lynn W. said...

Have a great trip. Hope we have a chance to meet.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Are you kidding? You better blog about it. Good outdoor shots of places that I would love to hike...please?

Kathryn D. Duke said...

wow...this is soo nice!!

Cheryl Warren said...

bon voyage!

Vesuviusmama said...

I'm following along on your trip. It isn't just quilting that interests me, but also traveling and the life of a retiree! Enjoy!

Carrie P. said...

I love that shop.
You have reason to be excited. I am enjoyed reliving my trip through yours again.
You will love Yosemite. Don't forget to get some water from the spring in the park. It is delicious.