Share |

Thursday, June 2, 2011

2 more for GAL

I finished up 2 more quilts to be donated to the Guardian ad Litem office in Asheville. Someone donated the tops to my sister, and I quilted and bound them. Oh, my sister gave me the backing and batting. Our afternoon walk will be done in Asheville, park on one side of town and walk to the other to deliver the quilts, then, of course, a nice lunch downtown. Plus we're meeting a friend we haven't seen in a while. Should be a nice day.


I have several things I want to make. One is a gift bag from a fat quarter as shown in this tutorial at Em Ay Kay EE. It's so cute, I just have to try one. Check it out, her site is really nice.

Later,
WilmaNC

6 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Nice donation guilts. Oh, I want to make one of the little bags, too. I think they are great gift bags to tuck goodies into each little nook

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Very nice quilt for the donation! What a generous gift from you and your sister.

I want to make the fat quarter bag too!

Thanks for sharing!

Lucy said...

I love the quilts. You did a great job. I plan to make the fat quarter bag too.

Carrie P. said...

great donation quilts.
I went to the blog to look at the bags and those are adorable.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Thanksfor the FQ bag link, they are great!

Miss Hillbilly said...

You do nice work on your quilting. Do you have a long arm, or do you do it all on your home machine?

Any hiking lately? Please, do tell...this recliner is getting boring!