Share |

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Hike for Me

We did a little work around the house in the morning then decided we needed to play instead. Drove up to Julian Price State Park on the Parkway, and hiked a nice (strenuous) 5 mile loop called the Boone Fork Trail. Had a great day.


Was feeling pretty good about the hike, then got pictures from my son, the scientist, in California of his "hike" to the top of Mt. Whitney. Makes ours look like a walk in the woods, lol. And this from a son, who up until the past couple of years, preferred golf to hiking!!! I am so proud!! He's the one in the white shirt.


We're going out there for a visit in July and plan to do some hiking in Yosemite. Nothing like the mountain climb though, lol.

Hoping to get some sewing done today, but I think I will have to help with getting the garden ready. That shouldn't take all day though...

Later,
WilmaNC

12 COMMENT:

Belinda said...

Wow! I think five miles is awesome. I do well to walk around the neighborhood block for 2 miles.

Great photo of your son!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It's great that you able to hike and climb. Such wonders to experience. My hikes are limited to once around the yard.

Roma said...

you don't look tired at all..
and who is that with Jack?

Gari in AL said...

Well, I think you need to be doing 5 miles a day so you will be able to keep up with your son when you go to CA.

Miss Hillbilly said...

A mountain, a hill..no matter as long as you get outside and get to hike!! But, since I know we both feel the same about hiking I'd be looking forward to that trip as well.

BubzRugz said...

Hi, what a beautiful walk and great to see where your son is... beautiful.... I came by to thank you for your comment on my post at Sew We Quilt... and ended up on a cyber hike... which I needed after all my cyber snacks...
Hugz

Handmade Crafts Done While RVing Blog said...

Saddlebag Lake up near Lee Vining is an awesome hike. My husband and I are huge into hiking. Our average hike is 10 miles - we keep fit for sure!!

Evielynne

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

What a lovely part of the world! We are really flat here: if I walk a 4 mile circuit I climb twice - over bridges over the train line!! I love the wooden steps. I accidentally climbed a bit of a mountain in Norway a few years ago, long story, my stupidity, but was amazed by the man made bridges, and the arrows sprayed every 6ft or so that other people, competent people, had taken the time to do for people like me

een kloddertje roze hier said...

Tnx for joining my give away. The bracelet on the left is for a toddler girl! So maybe a present if you win it ;)

Kind regard. Daan

Kim D. said...

Looks like a great Hike Wilma. I bet your looking forward to the trip to see your son.

Lucy said...

Wilma, That looks like a strenuous hike, I just walk around our three streets for a two mile walk. Congratulations keep it up. That is good for your heart.

Bumpkin Hill said...

Such beautiful views! Enjoy Yosemite, I loved visiting there a few years ago. Nice to have visited your blog, Catherine x