Share |

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

Thinking about my mom this Mother's Day weekend. My mom was the sweetest person, very rarely got angry, and appreciated every card she ever got.


She was widowed at age 30 and left to raise 7 children ( I was about 3 months old) with very little money. Plus her health was bad. She did a great job though, I think. I was the youngest of the 7 kids, so I never realized how tight finances were, as by the time I was old enough to care, most everyone else was gone, and it was a little easier for us. She died at age 58, way too young. I, and my sisters, still miss her every day.

Finished up some pineapple blocks for the block lotto, I love these. I won this past month, again, but I like these blocks so much, that I will take them if I win again, then the rest of the year I will donate my chances for others to win. Can't be too greedy, lol.


And now will start on the Book Club quilt for my grandson's girl.


She wanted light blue and black. It will be very pretty.

Plus, I'm caught up on the May for Me quilt along. I'm using a Strawberry Fields charm pack. I'm excited to see how this one will turn out.


Have to go to Weight watchers this morning. Hope the scale went down. 

Later,
WilmaNC

5 COMMENT:

Miss Hillbilly said...

Happy Mother's Day, hopefully that scale will go down!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a lovely photo a tribute to your Mom.Love the pineapple blocks.

Belinda said...

Your mother was lovely! I love seeing old photos like that. And what a woman to raise 7 children all alone. Not many of us could come through that. So sorry she passed so early. My mother was 70 when she passed last January. This will be a bittersweet time for me, as we dedicate my grandson to the Lord tomorrow, but I don't have my Mom to celebrate with.
Did the scales go down?? I sure hope so!!!!

Gari in AL said...

So, how did you do at WW? Nice tribute to your mother, she had quite a job to do. But she must have done a good job, look how you turned out.

Sherry said...

I am also just getting caught up with the May for me blocks. I am just beginning with the 2nd embroidery block. I was planning to post a picture of my mom for Mothers Day. She passed away when she was 59, almost 16 years ago and I still miss her.