Share |

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tote bag

I made a cute little tote bag. Seems like everything I make is coming from my Bliss fabric win. I'm trying to see how much I can get out of those fat quarters, and I still have lots left....

Anyway, here's a picture of the tote:



And here you can see how BIG it is:


Thought it made a really sweet key chain. I got this pattern from some really nice tutorials at Em ay kay ee. I have been into bag making for some reason. Using up that Bliss fabric, lol.

In my present quilting frenzy, I have made quite a mess of my work area. But, I never get tired of cleaning up the same space over and over. I always find something I thought I had lost.



Every time I want to put a quilt on the frame, I have to find somewhere to put all the "stuff" I have put there. So, maybe today will be the day for cleaning up.

Might as well get to it....unless I find something else to do.

Later,
WilmaNC

12 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the tiny tote - saw that pattern on her site and tempted. I want to come play in your sewing room - I would be so comfortable in all the 'creative mess'.

beth said...

Love that sweet little bag!

Gari in AL said...

Maybe I need to have a studio cleaning day. I have misplaced my embroidery kit and several applique pieces I worked on last week. The kit has been missing for 3 weeks so I am going to make up another one (then it will turn up). And today I re-prepped the applique pieces. Fortunately I like the new pieces better. ;-)

matate10 said...

well, I must really be messy because you're area looks pretty straightened up to me...lol!

Lucy said...

I love the key chain little tote. I made the big tote and the other accessories but did not make the key tote. Now I want to make it. Thanks for sharring..

Mary Ann said...

I'm a new follower - Madame Samm's guest blogger post sent me your way and I'm so glad it did! Mary Ann @ http://www.rocknquilts.blogspot.com I'm just about to put up a quilting frame for my mid arm in my basement - maybe you have tips for me? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Wilma, thanks for that link! Cool blog to follow. That bag is adorable.
And, I empathize.... good luck with getting the sewing area re-organized, ;O)

Chris said...

Always fun to take a peek into someone else's sewing room - looks like lots of creating takes place there!

Lynn W. said...

The tiny tote is adorable. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who uses my quilting frame for extra storage ....

Ellsie320 said...

I love your "self-portrait" quilt. My guild is having a challenge on "Who are you?" Thanks for the inspirations.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I am going to have to make one of those for my daughter. She will love it!

Michele said...

Hi Wilma! What a tiny tote :-) I love it!