Share |

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cute Things!!!!

I started making a few things yesterday and finished them up today. Let me say that I LOVE having little great granddaughters, they are so fun to sew for.

I saw somewhere a picture about taking a t-shirt, trimming it off, and sewing a skirt to the bottom, and I wanted to try it. So, here are my first two attempts.



They look big, but they are really little dresses, lol. The t-shirts are size 18 months. And I kept the selvedges at the bottom, so I didn't have to hem. She will look so cute in these!!

Then, while looking at blogs, I found this pattern for a "camera case". I'm going to use it for a small wallet though. I love the way the handles loop. Oh, might as well give credit to the designer, lol. I bought it from her Keyka's site:


I will probably make more of those to put in the shop, or give as gifts.

Another beautiful day here in NC. We're going to go play golf here pretty soon.

Later,
WilmaNC

3 COMMENT:

black bear cabin said...

OMG...those dresses are soooo cute and they look simple enough! I cant wait to try them :) I see some Disney dresses in Jordyn's future! Thanks for the idea :) Is there an actual pattern somewhere, or is it just a shirt with some fabric sewn to the bottom of it in a dress shape? i like the selvage bottom too!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Such cute dresses! Great idea dressing up a t-shirt and gotta love the salvage hem. The little bag is a clever way to 'strap'. Lovely photos, enjoy your day.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Great dresses, shame I have no grandkids yet! Thanks or the link to the great etsy shop