Share |

Monday, January 3, 2011

My Anniversary is Today

Wedding Anniversary that is. I have been married to a wonderful man for 38 years now. We only knew each other for 18 days when we got married, it was obviously love at first sight. We are so lucky to have found each other for sure. Here is a picture of us a couple of weeks after we got married. (My daughter is from a previous marriage that only lasted a minute, so it doesn't count, lol. )


And here is a more recent picture.


Just a little bit different, lol.

Anyway, we hope to make it to our 50th  one day.

Happy Anniversary Dave. To celebrate we are going to go on a winter hike, then go to eat some ribs at the Fiddlin Pig . Yum.

Later,
WilmaNC

15 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations Wilma - great looking couple. Fiddlin Pig, sounds like my kind of place. Oh, and I love your new blog background.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Lookin' good!

quilter000 said...

Happy Anniversary to you and David. Doesn't time fly. It is hard to believe it has been that long.
I am getting close to our 50th. as October will 49th .
sister patty

Vesuviusmama said...

Happy Anniversary! 38 years - wow! I'm hoping my husband and I will celebrate our 50th one day, too (we're only at 10 right now...)

Dorothy said...

Happy Anniversary! 38 Years, that's gotta be some kind of record, right? *wink* These days anyway. You're both still cute as buttons. Enjoy your ribs.

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!!

Chris said...

Happy Anniversary. 38 years is a long time.

SandyQuilts said...

Oh Wilma you make me laugh ... married only a minute. LOL

18 days WOW you beat us. Congrats to both of you.

Lucy said...

Congratulations Wilma. You both look so happy.

Myra said...

Congratulations! And here I thought 5 months was a short time to date before marrriage. :o) Ya'll sure are purdy together.

Marcia said...

Congratulations, Wilma and Dave! Wilma, the first picture reminds me of high school (sniff, sniff), and you haven't changed a bit!!

Gari in AL said...

Congratulations. In this day and age, that is a great accomplishment. We will be having our 50th this month: whew, that is a loooooong time. ;-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Wilma! You done good!! Wow, retirement, anniversary? What other great things do you have up your sleeve?
Love
Ruth

black bear cabin said...

Congrats to a very groovy couple :) heheeh...i see the hubby still has long hair...no wonder justin and i remind you of you two...he'll probably never cut his hair either!
I hope your day was filled with magic!

Sparky said...

Ahhh dearest Wilma and Dave ( my DH name too)...I actually see both of you in today's faces...I think you both look much happier and healthier...Sew happy belated and may your 50th have you still brimming with heart...