Share |

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm officially retired!!!

OK, now you don't have to hear anymore about my retirement countdown, lol. It's here, and I think it will take me a while to feel retired. But I'm happy to say I have placed my last IV and inserted my last PICC line, and I am VERY happy. Nuff said.

My friend at work, Hazel, made me a beautiful quilt as a retirement gift from my co-workers. She did a great job and I will treasure it always.




I think this is the first fully finished quilt I have ever received as a gift. Awesome.

I'm pretty much ready for Christmas, at least giftwise. Well, except for the $5.00 gift I have to find for Dave. We each bought what we wanted, so we decided to get each other something with a max of 5 bucks. Do you know how hard this is???? It's easy for him to buy for me, thread, a couple fat quarters etc. But what do I get him?? I'm thinking one of those little gadgets that you use to open those steel ( I swear!!) constructed bubble packages might be nice. So, I will probably go to one of the big Hardware stores to find him something. (OH!!! OH!!! I found out yesterday that we have a Harbor Freight here in Asheville so I can buy my rotary cutter blades locally!!)

And since I don't work anymore, I have to do my walking alone on the weekends. So today I will go walk my 2 miles around Beaver Dam Lake, than go find Dave his gift.

I made another Patchabilities wallhanging. These are so cute and FAST!!


Hope everyone is keeping sane during the holidays. I'm trying, lol.

Later,
WilmaNC

10 COMMENT:

Myra said...

Congratulations Wilma! I hope you enjoy each and every day to the fullest. That is a cute quilt your co-worker made you and I know you will enjoy it. Love your little wallhanging too.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations you will love being retired. You will be amazed at how time flies. You sure received a nice retirement present. Have fun!!

Cathi said...

Congratulations on your retirement. I retired in 1997 after 27 years at the phone company. At first I tried to do everything that I didn't have time to do when I worked. Then I didn't do much of anything because I could. It will even out & you'll love it.

Wanda said...

Congratulations Wilma! Now you will find you have less time than ever. I've been retired for 2 years and I have no time at all (between my grandbabies and hubbies pottery shows). Enjoy the time, I love it.

Wanda Correll
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Gari in AL said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of retirement. And your quilt is wonderful. I have that same fabric: I will be making a quilt for my daughter as a pinning gift when she becomes an RN next year.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congrats WIlma! Oh, don't walk alone - find a walking partner. That quilt gift is a treasure. Love your little wallhanging - that is too cute!

Unknown said...

Ah retirement! It's the time when you finally figure out that you really had not time to work...You will wonder where the day went.
what a great quilt...and it's yours as a gift!

Carrie P. said...

congratulations! on your retirement.
What a great quilt you got.
I bet it is so cold on your walks in the mountains.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your kind comment on my pillow.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Kim D. said...

Congratulations on your retirement Wilma! Whoo Hoo! I hope you know how to fill up all that free time. Enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas!

black bear cabin said...

the big day is finally here....woohoo!!!! Congrats and enjoy your new freedom :) Harbor Freight is one of my husbands favorite places too! Merry Christmas!