Share |

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

And Now There Are 2

I finished my second Patched Jeans little quilt. This one is in blues with a pieced background. I think I am going to do one in each color pathway then finish the rest in multicolored scraps. They are really fun!!  In the blue one some of the circles are raw edged applique, and others are kind of reverse applique. It was fun. I seem to have settled on a size of about 12x20.




I also found that with the amount of hand sewing I am doing on these, poly batting is better. The first one I used warm and natural and had to use a needle puller to do the hand stitches. I used poly on the blue one and it was much easier. No circles in the next one. :^) Was wondering if I should attach hanging sleeves?

Later,
WilmaNC

3 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just love these. They are so vibrant and expressive. I would put a hanger on these as a "finished" product for selling. THen the new owener can hang it or use as a table topper.

Roma said...

They look nice hanging next to each other. Maybe you will want to hang afew of them together when you have more made.

Vesuviusmama said...

Oh, I really like this second one, which is saying a lot because I love orange! And I'd add hanging sleeves if I were you, just to give the new owner more options.