Share |

Friday, December 3, 2010

Addiction: Cross Stitch

I always look forward to seeing all of the beautiful counted cross stitch done by Myra at Gr8 Dame's Place . Go visit her blog, really neat stuff. It makes me remember when all I did craftwise was cross stitch and counted cross stitch. I do think that was the gateway for me to move on to harder drugs, like quilting, lol. Now I'm addicted and can't stop. But I still like cross stitch too.

I did many pieces when I was partaking, but most were given away. I do still have several that I have kept hanging in my bathroom since they were done. Thought I would share with you. I did these in the late 70's early 80's . There is one that is plain cross stitch, but I always loved the colors and the fact that it had my name and the year stitched on it too. (1981). It's hanging in my bedroom. Gosh, look at the cobwebs, lol. We just had hardwood floors put in the and dust is still hiding.

So, without further ado:






Have to work this weekend. 5 more shifts!!!

wilmaNC

8 COMMENT:

Myra said...

Awww, Wilma - you made me blush! :o) Your shell pieces are gorgeous and I love the sampler too. I had to get off the hard drugs (quilting) for a while but I am sure to be back at it again. When we moved and I found my old cross stitch stuff, the bug bit again. Who knows? It may bite you again too.

Pokey said...

Those are real pieces of stitched art, Wilma! Thank you for peeking in at my place. I'm ready for some normalcy again!
:-}pokey

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love your shells and seahorse! Very nicely framed, too. We quilters need to share our other "stitch" work more.

Unknown said...

Oh Wilma I keep missing you on visits to blogland. Love, love the cross stitch projects you've done.
So beautiful.

Lucy said...

The shells are beutiful and I like the dragon too.

Roma said...

hey sister, Where do you have the seashells and such hanging in your house? I rememeber them for years gone.. Very pretty..
Whoo soon you will be wondering what to do with your time.. NOT!!

Gari in AL said...

I really love your shells. I have beach stuff in my bathroom, including two small quilts, and those would sure look good in there, too. ;-)

Vesuviusmama said...

Those cross-stitches are lovely! I've never done it, but I'm sure someday I'll get a taste of that, too!