Share |

Monday, December 6, 2010

1st patched jeans quilt

I finished the first little quilt in the patched jeans series. I chose orange for the patches because of the orange stitching in Levi's, which was the brand a lot of people wore in the 70's. I am pleased with the outcome of this quilt. It is 12.5" x 17.5". The oranges are hand dyes that I purchased from the Folk Art Center in Asheville. I can't remember the name of the lady who dyed them.

I'm thinking if I would put this in a consignment shop I would like to make $20.00, and they could charge whatever they want. Too much, too little??

Here's a picture of the front and the back.



I did both machine straight line quilting, and hand embroidery quilting. Of course the patches are appliqued.

The next one will be a colorful one I think.

Later,
WilmaNC

3 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I looked on a couple of on-line shop sites (ex; etsy) - no one has denim like these. But they have some simple to WOW and prices from $19 to $400. I think your price is fair. You could ask the shop what they think. Myself, depending on material costs and amount of work - I sell the same size from around $15 - $30. Does the shop put their commission on top of your price or take from the sale? If they take from the sale price, make sure you adjust your figures. Good luck, I think they are just delightful.

Cheryl Warren said...

how much would it cost you to replace the fabric? how long, start to finish did it take you? this is why I can't bring myself to sell stuff--I am just not willing to work for 50 cents an hour!

in other words, I think $20 would be a steal for this cute little quilt!

Myra said...

I think it is cute as can be and very visually striking. I hope you do well with your consignment endeavor.