Share |

Monday, August 23, 2010

Quilting the Basket Weave Quilt

I have the basket weave quilt on the frame. Yay!!! I'm using yellow thread and  I pieced the back with red, yellow and blue. It is looking nice. Here are some pictures of the progress.



Here it is on the frame. I use a Juki with a Proflex frame. I also always float the top. My Juki has HandiHandles (for pantos) on the back and a Jands handle (for freemo) on the front. Works like a charm.



I am using the panto called Cotton Candy. Note my homemade stylus, lol. Made using wire and duct tape.



Here's a little of the quilting. This machine just does so well. I love my Juki.

Hopefully I will get this done in the next few days.

wilmaNC

8 COMMENT:

Rose said...

I love the quilt...I came here from Yahoo Juki group.

I have a Juki but it sits lowered in a desk. What a difference it has made to have it. I cannot say enough good about the machine.

Vesuviusmama said...

It looks lovely! I really do like that quilt, and I see one in my future...

Unknown said...

it looks great........

Pokey said...

You are doing great, I'm gonna love the finish!

black bear cabin said...

those giant machines intimidate me, so i am always in awe to see one in action! its going to be lovely!

Unknown said...

Hi Wilma!
What a fantastic quilt! And yellow thread is a perfect choice~ I am wondering if you can share the advantages of floating the top~my tops are always rolled up but I am interested in your approach!
♥ Eileen

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I'm jealous of your quilting set-up! That looks like fun and your quilt is going to be just beautiful!

Cheryl Warren said...

That is a great quilt!

What model of Juki do you have? I've got a frame and a regular sized Pfaff on it, but am looking to upgrade the machine.