Share |

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fabrics From my Vacation and my Prize

Whew.  Finally home from vacation in Minnesota. Lots of driving, almost 2400 miles total. But worth every mile. It was so fun to see my grandson and his family. And Lake City is a beautiful place.

I picked up some fabrics along the way, plus had some here at home that was purchased recently, but I didn't get much chance to fondle it, lol.

I am attracted to the yellow/gray/black combo for some reason. It is so pleasing to my eye.. I have plans for a big quilt using these fabrics. See how pretty?



On the way there we stayed in Paducah, and I had to go to Hancock's of Paducah. I got these Moda remnants for 5.00 a yard. I took a picture previously but you couldn't see them well.



On the way back, we stayed in Paducah again. Went to the Quilt Museum, which is always nice, then went to Eleanor Burns quilt shop. Almost all of her fabric is less than 6.00 a yard, except for her personal line. I got these for right around 2.50 a yard.


And last but not least, when I arrived home, I had a package waiting with my winnings from the quilt contest at Quilt Gallery. These are from Sheree's Alchemy. I had a 25.00 gift certificate and added 8.00. Nice!!!


Finished washing all of them this morning. What a haul eh? Gotta get all the fabric I can before I retire in December, lol.  (Only 33 more shifts to work!!!!)

Dave had to get back in the car and drive halfway to Ohio today to pick up his mom. I chose to stay home, :^)

Later,
WilmaNC

8 COMMENT:

Annette said...

Nice fabrics. I especially like the blue and yellow assortment.

Lucy said...

I love the yellow, gray, and black it will make something nice. Glad you had a great vacation with family.

Unknown said...

nice fabrics, love the gray, yellow and black combo

Gari in AL said...

Great way to start the new year: fabric and retirement.

Lynn W. said...

Welcome back and thanks for sharing your haul. You did good.

Vesuviusmama said...

I don't blame you for skipping the trip to OH after the trip to MN! That yellow, gray, black does look nice - I don't think I'd have thought of that color combo. Love all your new fabrics!

black bear cabin said...

only 33 more shifts...AWESOME!!!! Looks like you are collecting quite the stash to keep you going in retirement...but somehow, no matter how much stash we have, we always seem to need more :) Enjoy the small break while the hubby and mom are gone! :)

Rose said...

Definitely a haul worth blogging about! I don't have any of these newer designs, but they sure have grown on me.