Share |

Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Quiltys and a New Runner

It's getting close!!!! We're not having too big of a celebration this year as I have to work 12 hours on Christmas Day, MIL is going to Ohio (yay!!), my daughter and her family live in Ohio, and my son and DIL are staying in Atlanta to enjoy their new home. But I did pull out a few of my quilty decorations because I love to look at them, lol.

Here is my Countdown to Christmas (pattern from Art to Heart). One of my favorites, but for some reason this year, I am only remembering to change the numbers about every other day.

We didn't drag out the big tree, but bought a little live one instead. I made the tree skirt a long time ago.


I made this Winter Trio last year. It is so cute!!
The December wallhanging from Quilters Dozen pattern book.

A tree from a swap my ABC group did. This was made by Naomi Young, who passed away in 2009. I will treasure it forever.

And the runner. Just made it last week, quick and easy. The pattern is from here.


I only have 1 more gift to buy, for Dave, then I'm done. I have the cards done, and the boxes ready to mail, now I just have to get to the post office to do it.

Later,
wilmaNC

5 COMMENT:

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful Christmas Quilts and table runner. Do you recall what pattern you used for your runner? I'd love to give it a try. Inspirational!

BTW, I hope you'll check out the Virtual Christmas Quilt Show at my site. Random drawing for prizes on December 25th. Just be sure to follow the rules, if you want to win any prizes.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

SandyQuilts said...

Wilam I love every piece. I'm going to try and squeeze a couple of the runners into my week.

You'll find the table runner here
http://www.pleasant-home.com/2009/11/snowy-peppermint-table-runner.html

Pokey said...

Saw your comment on Kim's blog, and came to see yours. You meet more nice people that way! Your home decorations are sweet, too. Merry Christmas!

Kim D. said...

Merry Christmas Wilma. Thanks for stopping by. Your Christmas quilts are all adorable. I remember the Winter Snowman one from last year. Love it. Thanks for the link to the table runner, looks like a great quick gift idea.

Carrie P. said...

Beautiful decorations. I love the winter trio wall hanging. Cute.