Share |

Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's hot!!!

I am so glad that all the rain finally stopped, but now it is so hot!! I don't mind the heat when I'm outdoors, but my old people are freezing all the time. Almost everynight Rita gets up and turns the AC to over 80, then I wake up sweating. Today she goes to the doctor so while she is gone, I'm closing and covering the vents in their bedroom and bathroom so the AC doesn't go in there. Our garage room has it's own AC, so during the day I don't care how hot they keep it in the house (though I don't like it cause the warmth makes the toilets get the moldy stuff inside), but at night I can't sleep if I'm too hot. I think she forgets how she felt when she was my age and still having hot flashes. I have found that the elderly become very narcissistic and care very little about the comfort of other people. I hope I'm not like that.

Yesterday Dave and I wanted to go swimming, so we went to the Arboretum and hiked 2.5 miles to Lake Powhatan, swam for a while, then hiked back. I was tired, but what a fun day!!! We might just do this weekly as one of our daily walks.

On to other things. I finished my June Quilter's Dozen wallhanging. I am finished with all 12!!!! The year went by so quickly.


Now, for some reason, I find myself fascinated by the little mini quilts for doll's beds. I just ordered this bed (mine will have stain instead of paint) from here. I am excited to try my hand at the tiny quilts for it. Fun stuff.


That's it for now. Keep cool!!!



Only 118 more working days til I retire!!!!



3 COMMENT:

Crispy said...

Your quilt is just lovely. I look forward to seeing the minis you make for the bed.

Crispy

Myra said...

It is hot isn't it? The older I get the less I can stand the heat. That little bed is so sweet. I can't wait to see the little quilts you will make for it.

Carrie P. said...

Oh boy that is tough when you have to deal with differences in temperature likes and dislikes. It has been hot and I am so thankful for air conditioning.
Your hike and swim sounded like a real nice time.
I like your mini quilt.