Share |

Friday, April 24, 2009

What a week!!

I had a very busy week, for some reason. But it was all enjoyable and the weather was great. I did get a bit of sewing done. A friend of mine has always wanted a house on her property instead of a mobile home. I told her about 10 years ago, that whenever she built a house, I would make her a wall hanging. Well, guess what? LOL. She is a cowgirl at heart and wanted something "horsey". I couldn't find any purchased patterns that I liked, and resorted to googling "horse quilts" under the images tab. This picture came up, and I was never able to find out who made this. So I drew it freehand and made it into a wall hanging. If the person who made this originally sees this, please let me know. I want to thank you. I made the eye a bit too large so he looks a little scared, don't ya think? But I tried some freemo quilting on my Bernina and was rather pleased with the result. I think she will like it.




Next week we're going to go to Atlanta to see my son's new house. And we will play some golf while we're there. Just a short visit though, just the way I like it!!


Later,


6 COMMENT:

Crispy said...

Well you would look a little scared it the sky was streaked like that and the wind was blowing hard....Just kidding Wilma, I think it looks wonderful and I'm sure your friend will treasure it.

Crispy

Unknown said...

I'm impressed! Great job and I'm sure you're friend will treasure this gift from your heart.

Carrie P. said...

Good job and very creative. I am sure she will love it. Enjoy your trip.

Kim D. said...

Great Job!! I like the way your horse's mane sticks up.. It looks like he's running against the wind. Your friend is going to love it. Have a fun trip.. My friends have a sign that says "Company like fish smells after 3 days." LOL

Unknown said...

I think you could probably find a photo and transfer the pic to fabric and make a square of the horse
Whenever I see a horse's head I think of The Godfather...oh, that's just me...lol.
It's a great gift for a horse lover.
I wish I did applique sometimes. My son has 3 horses, he'd love it.

Jan said...

You did a great job, Wilma. What a treasure for your friend!