Share |

Friday, April 10, 2009

April stuff

Well, finally the weather got nice again. We went for a 6 mile "walk" at the NC Arboretum yesterday. It was beautiful!! This place is run by the NC university system and like all universities, they are getting strapped for cash. So to do our part, we became members, which is to our benefit as it saves $6.00 parking each time. They have miles of hiking trails, and tons of gardens with the most amazing flowers, as well as a "Quilt Garden." If you're ever in the Asheville area be sure to visit there, it's just off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I finally got my April Country calendar block done. Another sweet one!

I also finished up a charity quilt that I did with ladies from The Quilting Bee Forum. It's called in the Dog House and it's so sweet. Myra (Gr8Dame) made the top, Lynn donated the backing, Debbie and Maria sent the batting and Valerie made the label. It came out so nice!! I donate my charity quilts to the Guardian Ad Litem program in Asheville. It is a worthy cause that helps children.





Well, Friday is laundry day, so I'd better get moving.


Later,


6 COMMENT:

Sarah said...

The are both adorable! I LOVE the dog house one. Is there a pattern for it? That is such a perfect baby/kid quilt. I am sure it will be very loved.

Crispy said...

Your right it is another sweet quilt Wilma. The Dog House one is really going to make a child smile....love it.

Crispy

Myra said...

I love your April quiltie. Thank you for making In The Dog House what it was meant to be! It looks great.

Unknown said...

Are you just lovin' this BOM? I sure am. Your dog house quilt is too cute!

black bear cabin said...

Love your bunny! Im afraid ive fallen behind a bit in Ellies BOM :( I havent given up though. I hope to start the March blocks next week :)
Happy Easter!

black bear cabin said...

wow...you are just crankin away! im afraid ive fallen waaaay behind in the BOM, but i havent given up hope. im just not as productive as most of you :(