Share |

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kid Stuff

I have been having fun making a few things for the children of one of my friends, Aeron and Abby McConnell. They have adopted Dave and I as their substitute grandparents, lol.


I saw the cutest little quilt in the new Fons and Porter quilt magazine and just had to make one. The paper dolls fabric is so cute!! The clothes fabric is backed with fusible fleece so it sticks to the quilt. I have played with this quite a bit already, lol. I used to love paper dolls when I was a kid. There is an envelope on the back to store the clothes. Cool eh?








I made Aeron a cute folder from this site. It was so fun to do. I didn't use "mistyfuse" though. I used timtex that was fusible on both sides. I also just used a whole piece of cloth for the covers instead of strips. I will be making more of these.





I just love making all this stuff!!!


Well, I need to go look at my favorite blogs and see what everyone is up to.


Later,

Only 158 more working days til I retire!!

4 COMMENT:

Unknown said...

Wahoo Wilma! I love those little girls!
What a great purchase for you and the luck little girl that will have it on her bed.
thanks for visiting me by the way.

Bonnie said...

Wilma
I love the paper dolls. I will have to check that out. My granddaughters would love them.

Carrie P. said...

Your little girl quilt is awful cute. And congratulations on your retirement.

Vickie E said...

Thanks for checking out my blog...Jane's mentioned you several times too! I love your paper dolls quilt.