Share |

Friday, November 7, 2008

An awesome election and another quilt top done.

First about the quilt top. If I'm not careful I will become a "topper" instead of a quilter, lol. Right now I have 4 quilt tops done that need to be quilted. I think next week I will get to it and load my super quilter and keep it humming all week. This is my most recent top that I have finished. I got the pattern from McCall's Quilting (Merry Go Round), but I just call it hexes. Such an easy method to do hexagons with no set in seams. I really like the result. This one will be a wall hanger for sure.

Now about the election. I am so happy about the results, and am hopeful about the future of our country. Barack Obama seems to be such a caring and honest man, which is what we need at this point . I was so inspired by his acceptance speech that I cried, as did my husband and mother-in-law. When he said these words, "And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote tonight, but I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be your president, too", I felt such a sense of a new start. Maybe he can be the one to end all this hatred between the D's and the R's. Nuff said. Let's all just try to think positive and do all we can to move forward.

Now I have to work the weekend before I can get to quilting!! Darned work!! But, I have broken down the time I have left into work days instead of months (25) or years (2 yrs and 1 month), so now I have 178 days to work until I retire!! Sounds much better!!

Later,

WilmaNC

3 COMMENT:

Myra said...

Those hexes are beautiful. I too am pleased with the election. Time to move forward I say. :o)
Thanks for stopping by my blog - I am enjoying my cross stitch now, who knows what might be next. LOL

Gari in AL said...

I loved your breakdown of days until retirement. I did the same thing and it really didn't seem as long. And, retirement is WONDERFUL

Suzy said...

I love your quilt projects, Wilma. I too run the risk at times of being more of a topper instead of a quilter. I enjoy hand quilting which takes so much more time. I have several large quilts in the works but will move on to wall hangings very soon!

I too am so excited about the election results. Obama's win and speech brought forth tears to my eyes as well as my DH.