Share |

Sunday, November 16, 2008

More Christmas stuff

I made this little wallhanging for a 12" Christmas block swap I am in with the ABC Quilters. I found the pattern in an old Debbie Mumm book I had and adapted it for the size I needed. I made the ornaments from preprinted Christmas fabrics and double sided timtex. I even made some extra ornaments for the tree. My husband wants one too, lol.






I am also in a REALLYsmall Christmas ornament swap with the ABC'ers. I made some little mittens that I really like.Unfortunately there are only 5 of us participating. And I just love ornament swaps. Oh well, Here's what I made.



It is finally getting cold here in the NC Mountains. We even had a little snow this morning. I like the chillier weather, especially when I don't have to go to work. I had a nice surprise this weekend at work. The holiday schedule came out and for the first time in my nursing career (30 years) I don't have to work any of the holidays!! I have always had to work either Christmas Day or Christmas Eve every year. And I'm off on Thanksgiving and New Years too!! I don't know what I did to get this (maybe because I work every weekend...), but I'm certainly not going to complain. It should be a great holiday time this year.
Until next time.
WilmaNC
Only 174 more working days til I retire!




2 COMMENT:

Myra said...

Very pretty Wilma. You are putting me in the Christmas mood. :o) Great news on not having to work on the holidays, I hope you have a wonderful time relaxing. We are missing you over on QP.

Unknown said...

These mittens are adorable! And, they look like they're not too hard to do. Wish I'd known about your swap...I'd have joined in!