Share |

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Quilty Stuff

I finished up a quilt top that myself and one of my quilt groups, ABC Quilters, did as a pink and white block swap for breast cancer awareness month. It will be donated to the Oncology Unit at my hospital as soon as I get it quilted. It came out really nice and I'm sure someone will get comfort from it. As I was piecing the top I also realized I was a little late getting my mammogram, so went and had that done last week. I have really missed the rain this year (we're in a really bad drought) as that is when I can really get some quilting done. But the colder weather is coming soon and that should help.




I also am finishing up some placemats I'm making
as a Christmas present for my sister-in-law, Joan.
They are really cute cows in the poppies and I'm sure she will love them as they live on a farm. I made some for me before and just had to make some for her.

The weather here is just gorgeous! The leaves are changing quickly and soon western NC will be innundated with people here to look at the leaves. As well as those really loud motorcycles going up and down the Blue Ridge parkway. (That's a whole other debate, lol). Every day we appreciate the area where we live and consider ourselves so lucky.

Well, must get other things done.
Til next time.
3 years, 2 months, 1 week til I get to retire!!

1 COMMENT:

Debi said...

Very cute placemats, and just love how the pink/white quilt came out. I am sure someone is going to love it.