Share |

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Nothing Changes



I'm feeling a little politically irritated today, so I feel a need to voice my complaints. Those of you who know me are aware that I am one of those dreaded "liberals" who want such things as national health care, aid for the poor, and above all, an end to this stupid war. I hate it that young men are dying every day in a country that did not attack us, and does not belong to us. I get so frustrated when I start thinking about it, but I listened to Stephanie Miller today on progressive radio and got ticked off just a bit. I won't bore you with the details, but my opinion of Dubya couldn't get any lower. So I don't get myself worked up into a tizzy, I will drop the subject.




On a lighter note, kinda, Dave and I hiked an awesome part of the Appalachian Trail the other day. It was south of Roan Mountain on the Tennessee/NC border, and the views were breathtaking, to say the least. It always brings tears to my eyes when I look over these vistas and think that if the current administration had their way, all of this pristine land would be sold

to developers to make money to help lower the deficit. Ha! With the deficit we have, sale of public land would be a drop in the bucket. Just look at that picture and tell me it shouldn't be protected for all future generations to enjoy.
This will probably, maybe, hopefully be my last post on crappy political things. From now on I will try to tell you of all the good things that happen in my life. Let's hope there are alot of those. Oh, and of course my quilting. I'm getting stuff done so should have some to show you soon.
Till next time. Only 3 years , 2 months, and 2 weeks til I retire!!
WilmaNC

1 COMMENT:

Debi said...

I love the picture. Like you, I have a lot of "wishes" for our country. The top of my list would be a national registry and guidelines for locating missing people, and an end to this war. A dear friend of mine lost a son and nephew this year to the war.