Share |

Friday, November 2, 2007

We've adopted!!

No, it not a child!! We've adopted a section of the Mountains to Sea trail in western NC. It is the portion from Bull Gap to Ox Creek, and we are responsible for the routine maintenance of the trail. We do walk throughs and remove obstacles, keep the trail open and safe, and make sure the blazes are visible. I am so excited about this, as we hike the trails frequently and now feel like we are giving back a little. The pictures are of the beginning of our section, and of me sitting on a natural rock seat on the trail. We don't have alot of panoramic vistas, but there are a lot of wildflowers, and some nice views that are visible only in the winter. I wish I could get everyone out on the trail just once to experience the high you can get from nature. But then the trails would be too crowded, lol.

I've been doing alot of sewing too. Christmas is coming and I'm working on ornaments to swap with my quilting friends. Been playing golf too, but we won't go into that right now, at least until my score goes down significantly.
Until next time.
3 years 2 months til I retire.
wilmaNC

3 COMMENT:

Debi said...

Wow, that sounds like fun. The mountain trails are so pretty and peaceful. Congrats on your new adpotion. Did you know that National Adoption Day is 11/14?

Myra said...

Congratulations Wilma! Perhaps some day I will make it up your way and we can walk on "your" trail.

Sheryl said...

That's beautiful, Wilma! How long is your section?