Share |

Monday, October 1, 2007

Ahhh, October, and Ann's Quilt




It's here! My favorite time of year. I love the feel of the air and the beauty of the changing colors of the trees on the mountains. And the cool temperatures at night!! It's the best sleeping of the year don't ya know, lol. I'm a very happy person right now. And have I ever told you that I have the most wonderful husband in the world?

A while ago one of the beloved members of Quilting Passion Forum, Ann (Bumblenann), passed away due to cancer. Some of us from the forum made heart blocks for a quilt to be donated to honor her. I finished quilting and binding it last week and am taking it to the director of the Oncology department at Mission Hospitals in Asheville,NC today. Ann was a lovely person and always had a smile on her face. I'm sure whoever gets this quilt will cherish it.
I have a busy day planned for today. And the weather is going to be perfect! Can't wait to get going. And only 3 years and 3 months til I get to retire!!
As always,
Wilma




3 COMMENT:

Myra said...

Great job on Ann's quilt Wilma. I do miss her and Patty.

Oh yeah, I want to come swing on your swing!

Debi said...

Such a beautiful quilt to honor a very special lady. You did such a wonderful job.

Karen said...

What a beautiful quilt! Enjoy your autumn weather and the porch swing!