Share |

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sewing Room Moved Again!!

I swear, my sewing room has been in almost all the rooms in this house (I exaggerate) and now is right back to where it started. But I am very happy with this arrangement.

It is in the semi-finished side of the garage which has gotten much use going from Our room when we first moved here, then my sewing room, than grandson lived there, then it was a playroom for the girls, then back to grandson, and now back to sewing room. Whew. The best part is when it's all moved, for a short while it is very neat. You can see it for yourself.








The quilt on the frame is finished as soon as I get the binding sewn down. I quilted this top for my oldest sister, Joanne. She found it at a rummage sale and asked me to finish it for her. I expect a really nice birthday present from her this year. :) It's such a simple quilt, but pretty and a great easy way to use up a bunch of scraps.

I'm beginning to get more productive with cooler weather coming on.

Keep Warm.

WilmaNC

7 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Looks like a nice place to create.

Lucy said...

Your sewing room looks inviting. Look forward to what you sew up next.

pollyanna said...

What a great space! So much with room to spare. What size is the space? How long is your longarm table? And look at the space for your sewing table and all else! I'd love to move everything into one space.

Quilt is great! Love the idea of finishing something someone else started. Great birthday gift coming for sure :)

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

It looks great! I've moved mi e too, but it hasn't yet got to the tidy state!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! LOL I bought my house so I could have the finished basement/garage (we're built into a hill, so the garage I drive into is at street level, but that same level is right under the window of the room that's finished) 500 sq. ft. to be my quilt room. Except for 2 months of the last 4+ years, one or the other of my children has been living in it! I don't know if I'll ever get it for my quilt studio, but I hope I will. Your room looks neat, yes, but so comfortable and usable. I love your big ironing board, and that you can have your quilt frame at one end.

Gari in AL said...

I love both your sewing table and ironing board. And a great idea to move just so you can clean up. Ha!

quilter000 said...

sister you know mine is a never ending job always moving things around I have hard time these days keeping up with where I put it . when I can not find something I alaways say i am on an archeological dig in my sewing space. sometimes I never do find it.