Share |

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas Eve

I have been sick this past week, nothing real serious, tracheolaryngitis (called croup in kids). So much coughing, but now taking antibiotics and some prednisone for a few days so hopefully on the mend.

In my periods of feeling ok, I was able to sew a bit. Finished the Peppermint Twist quilt top. The reds are not true in this picture. But I like it!! It won't get quilted until after the holidays as all the boxes for the decorations are on my frame, lol. That's OK, though. I need a little time to decide on how to quilt it.



Since I made so many HST for the peppermint twist quilt, I have also had to trim all of them too. The most boring job in the world. I was looking up something for a quilting friend and happened upon this blog that tells an easier way for trimming. Like her, I can’t believe I didn’t know about this before!!! And I even had the ruler!! Go look. Cuts the trimming time in half!!!


Kids are coming for dinner this evening, so tomorrow will be a little anticlimactic. But Dave and I are going to go walk at Biltmore House and eat lunch at one of the restaurants there. 

Here's a picture of my special kids sending my wish to you!!


Later,
WilmaNC




5 COMMENT:

Lucy said...

Your colors are beautiful on peppermint twist. Thanks for the tip on half square triangles. I have that ruler and never used it since I made the Underground Railroad quilt.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lovevthe peppermint twist xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the Peppermint Twist finish. I hope today was peaceful and perfect for you.

Sherry said...

I hope you are feeling better....it would not be fun to start the new year feeling yucky.

Your quilt is beautiful.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year.

black bear cabin said...

Love that peppermint twist quilt...too cute!
i too, cannot believe i have never figured out that half square triangle technique....doh! so simple! cant wait to try it! Now maybe i wont dread them so much :)
Been a long time since i stopped by...the teaching gig keeps me a bit busy right now...but every now and then i get a moment to catch up :)
hugs!