Share |

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Busy week!

I finished my Heartwarming jacket!!! It came out a little big, but there will be plenty of room for bulky sweaters, sweatshirts underneath. I'm happy with it. Don't mind my jammies, lol



I also made 6 blocks for the Block Lotto (see sidebar link). I did this for a long time in the past, and now I am happy to be back. It is a fun swap and you get tons of ideas for new blocks. These are called woven bars.


We took a 5 mile walk at Biltmore on Sunday. It was surprisingly not too crowded. Folks must be waiting for the leaves to get more colorful. I was walking along and Dave told me to turn around, and took a picture. Then he posted it on Facebook with the caption...Which one is the smart ass?...I didn't notice the donkeys in the background. He's soo funny. Ha.  Ha.


It was a beautiful day though. Look at that sky!! Totally Carolina blue.



Saw an article about the new fashions (yeah, I look, but I don't wear, lol. ) They said it was a good year to mix prints. Thought it looked somewhat familiar for some reason.

Then I looked through some of my old pictures and behold!!! I had the same outfit as a girl, though I chose shorts instead of a skirt. I was so ahead of my time in the fashion sense, lol.


You can see the car that would become mine, in 4 more years, in the background. I worked for 3 weeks at Manners Big Boy to save 50.00 to buy that car from my sister. And she bought it new in the year the picture was taken!!

This week I want to finish sewing the quilted fabric panels to make Kenzie (the sweetie in the picture at the top with me) a jacket. I need to piece a quilt top for a baby shower. And I have 2  tops to quilt for a paying customer. So I will be busy.

Later,
WilmaNC

6 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is so good to not only see you blogging again, but that you are back into some fun projects.

Gari in AL said...

Love the jacket and the NC pictures. You live in a beautiful area.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The jacket worked out really well, love the quilt in the wall and little miss K too! I really like this lotto block too, good luck!

Agy said...

Beautiful jacket - and I really love the way you did the blocks on it. I have never done that before but hope to try soon!

Lucy said...

Love your jacket. So glad to hear you are out walking and enjoying the beautiful NC skies and weather.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. The jacket looks great! I bought a car from my sister, too, about 3 years old, for $400. LOL Big sisters are useful, aren't they?