Share |

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

All done!

I totally finished the quilt for my son and his wife to be.


I did an all over meander, and I even made a couple of pillow cases to go with it.

I am working on a Christmas "BOM" that I am doing at my own pace. I just love this one!!! It came from the Quilter's Newsletter free patterns. Go HERE to see the pattern. It is called Christmas Album.
This is a picture of the finished quilt, not mine though. I have all the blocks fused, but I have decided to make this as a QAYG so when I machine appliqué the pieces, my quilting will be done also.


Aren't the sweaters too cute??!! My background is a very pale green swirl and all of the blocks are done with scraps.

Fall is taking hold quickly, and I, for one, am happy for the cooler temps and also happy to be back in jeans again, lol.

Later,
WilmaNC

8 COMMENT:

Sheila said...

Your quilt and pillowcases are beautiful, Wilma. They will love them : )
Great Christmas quilt pattern. I look forward to seeing the progress.
It's getting cooler here in the NC foothills. Had to pull out my jeans and sweaters.

Gari in AL said...

Well, you just had to show that Christmas quilt, didn't you? And now I just have to make one, too. I think I will do it over the next year rather than try to make it in a hurry for this year. Thanks a lot, Wilma. :-)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow, wonderful job on that big quilt. Nice touch in adding the cases. That is a really cute X-mas quilt and I do love those sweater blocks - they would make a cute quilt on their own.

sophie said...

Your quilt is simply elegant. Your son and his wife will love it. I'm with Gari on that Christmas quilt ... you MADE me go find the patterns so I could make one of my own ... one day. In the meantime, i can't wait to see yours.

Anonymous said...

Great finish, lucky giftee! I just love the sweater border on the Christmas pattern.

quilter000 said...

Awesome sister they are going to so appreciate that quilt. I have not started my Christmas quilt yet. But have plans to do so soon.
Sister patty

black bear cabin said...

Love those sweaters on that christmas quilt too :) i cant find the pattern though...is it no longer available? do you happen to still have it? It was nice to have you drop by my blog...i havent been the best at keeping in touch with folks lately...soooo busy with the new job...but i know it will be a little less hectic next school year, and hopefully i can catch up then. :) in the meantime, hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying your retirement! looks like you are keeping busy too :) cheers...and happy new year!

pollyanna said...

You have been very busy and I also love the Christmas quilt! I like the candy canes :) Your quilt for your son is beautiful!