Share |

Thursday, April 5, 2012

April-smells so good

The title of this post has nothing to do with the post. April really does smell good.

I absolutely love the blocks for the Block Lotto this month. They are really fun to make!!! I have stacks of plaid fat quarters, so I am going to make a bunch for myself too!!


This was the doll quilt I made for the Monthly Doll Quilt swap. (See sidebar) I get so nervous thinking maybe my skills aren't up to par with others, but my partner seemed to like it. I will show you what I received when I get it.



My scrap bin won't close, so I thought it was time to do a leaders and enders quilt.


Here's a few I have started. I'm not sure what pattern I will end up using, but for now it's just getting them into sets of 2, then 4 patches.


The only problem is...now I'm getting a bin full of strips from cutting the scraps into squares. I guess a Heart Strings quilt is in my near future, lol. 



Mug Rugs. Gotta love them!! My ABC Quilter's group is having a mug rug exchange. We are to make each person a mug rug using their color choices and our chosen pattern. These are the ones I chose. We're not supposed to mail til July!! Jeez, lol. That's a long time away. But mine are all done, so I just had to show you. No worry of them seeing these as the only people that look at blogs in that group are my 2 sisters, and I already showed these to them.



I saw this some place on the web, so sorry can't remember where, and saved the picture. On our last trip, I made one real quick, and this is so much better than using toothbrush holders. And when you get home, you just throw it in the wash. I would love to give credit to the maker, so if you're out there....

After my last post, apologizing about not posting much, I found this tag called Blogging Without Obligation. There is a link on the sidebar explaining the concept. It actually means that I will post anytime that I have something to show you, or something important to say or share, but I won't feel guilty when I don't. Make sense? I thought it was a good idea.

It's supposed to be rainy here today so I will be sewing , and therefore very happy.

Later, WilmaNC

edit: Wanda found the link to the towel above. You can purchase them here: http://simplethingssweetlife.blogspot.com/p/shop.html   Thanks Wanda!!!!

8 COMMENT:

Wanda said...

I found a tutorial for the toothbrush travel pack here:

simplethingssweetlife.blogspot.com

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I saw those plaid blocks on another blog - now yours - I just love these and certainly have plenty of plaids! That's a lot of mug rugs waiting. The washclothe is a cute project - a fun sewing class for some 4-Hers.

Carrie P. said...

What fun things you have been working on. Happy Easter!

Lucy said...

Youre friends will love your mug
rugs. I like the tooth brush
holder it is so neat. I want to
make one soon.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I really like the block lotto blocks, but I i don't have any plaid (tarten?) fabric. The mug rugs are fab, I didn't realise there are 403 of you from the same family at the group, that's great! I really like to BWO idea, I think I'll borrow that next time I'm on the PC x x

Miss Hillbilly said...

Yes, blog only when you want to! I've learned not to let mine keep me down. I've got a couple of obligations for Thursdays and Saturdays, and some May for Me obligations, but I am really slowing down so that I can create. I love your little minis--as usual.

Gari in AL said...

I like your toothbrush holder. I made something like that for all my kids and grandkids for Christmas several years ago and one of the grandsons is still using his. Makes a nana feel good.

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose good intentions for the lotto swap count? I only made two blocks, and don't consider one of them usable for swapping. =P