Share |

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Some New Things

I have been keeping busy, trying to do some sewing, but keeping everything put away so the room stays neat, lol. Not sure how long this trend will last.....

On my ABC Quilters group, we are having a birthday block swap. I chose my block to be Bear's Tracks. I realized that I didn't have a quilt with this block. Now I do, well, the blocks for a quilt anyway. :) Maybe a table topper?


Here's my blocks for the March block lotto. Made them using the triangulations. I like the looks of these. Hope I win.



Finally made one of the Monthly Minis from Country Junction. I didn't put in the outer border so it would fit on the hanger I use to display my Patchabilities. Sigh, my poor little handle was placed incorrectly. Oh well.


This is just the coolest thing!  I reversed the image, put it on a tshirt transfer and ironed it to the back of a shirt. I love this. But I went to Hancock's yesterday wearing the shirt, and not one person noticed, even though I kept turning my back to people so they could see it, lol. She welcomes you to use it. Click HERE to go to the blog, scroll to the bottom, though looking at her sewing room is nice too. One of the elements did not have to be changed. Can you guess what t is??


And finally, I made my first try at this teeny mouse bed. It is sooo cute. Learned some stuff though, use lighter stuff for the blanket, and use thicker stuff for the teddy and the ears. I have one more Altoids tin to use, so I will make at least one more of these. I bought the pattern from HERE.


Need to decide on my next project. I'll be sure to let you know....

WilmaNC

9 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great blocks for lotto - good luck. Cute mini - we wouldn't have known about the handle, shhh. Love the extras - the table is cute and I love her site - what imagination for a fantastic work space! And the tin mouse is so cute - a little fussy for me - put what a treasure.

Agy said...

The table of elements is cool and I love that little tin mouse - would be lovely for as a girl's present.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lots of lovely stuff going on there! The table made me laugh, maybe the writing was too small for people to read on your shirt? :-(. It would make a great quilt!

Lucy said...

The shamrock hanging is beautiful and so neat. Good job. Love it.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I had to giggle about you turning about hoping someone would notice your shirt. Bummer that they didn't!

Nancy said...

I found your blog from following the member list on Doll Quilters' Monthly. I LOVE your wee mouse bed. What a cute idea. The Bear Paw blocks are really nice - great fabrics. Now to browse the rest of the blog.

Unknown said...

Love the mouse bed and I would have noticed your shirt. Thanks for entering my St. Patrick's Day giveaway. Looking forward to seeing your doll quilts.

Unknown said...

Love the mouse bed and I would have noticed your shirt. Thanks for entering my St. Patrick's Day giveaway. Looking forward to seeing your doll quilts.

DragonPoodle said...

Love the periodic table! and the mouse bed is the cutest thing ever!