Share |

Friday, February 24, 2012

Triangulations

For the month of March on the block lotto, I have to make some half square triangles. When deciding what method to use, I remembered that I had a program called Triangulations. Did a computer search and found it easily, whew!! Wow. How easy was this. Actually I don't believe I have used it before, if I have I don't remember....You simply print the pages, layer your 2 fabrics, sew on the broken lines, cut on the solid lines, and you have perfect half square triangles, the little tips are already cut off too. Awesome!! The paper comes off easily and neatly (read in the instructions how this is done). AND, the most important.......NO TRIMMING UP TO CORRECT SIZE!!!!!!! Each paper makes 8 half square triangles. I'll show you my finished blocks after the sneak peek is over. :)

Here's the link for the site: Triangulations

Here's what the package look like:


I have the 2.0, so mine doesn't have the geese.

I am in no way affiliated with this company, the thing just worked so well I had to tell you all about it.

WilmaNC

5 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I've heard of this, but never used it. What ever works and gets the job done.

sophie said...

I found this when I was googling around looking for HST resources and was curious about how easy it was to use. I'll add it to the list of possibilities when I publish the March lotto block.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I use the sew 2 squares together then cut both ways diagonally method, but getting a specific size can be a bit hit and miss, your method sounds intriguing!

Gari in AL said...

Thanks for reminding me about this. I just drew out a block that uses a lot of HSTs and both for ease and saving fabric, this is just what I need. Thanks again.

Alwayskeptintap said...

HI. So, Here is my thought: Iron on a piece of 8x11" wax paper to the right side of fabric. Print your triangles on the Wrong side of Fabric 1 using "draft" quality ink. This will create a lighter line and save on ink. After printing, Strip the wax paper off. With RIGHT SIDES Together, Layer Fabric 1 with fabric 2. Press together, with a dry iron. This will set the ink. Sew on the sew lines. Cut apart on the cut lines.
TaaDah, you have your 1/2 sq triangles. No need to rip the wax paper AND you can use it again on your next set.

I have used triangulation paper before. It was easy but I hated to do the tear-apart part. If you do it the original way, make sure you sew with very high stitch count (18-20 spi)to perforate the paper enough to tear off.

Hope this is helpful to you all. Someday when I have a blog, I'll post. Until then, Happy stitching!
Cathy von Jess in MA