Share |

Friday, February 17, 2012

Current project

Last year was my lucky year with the Block Lotto (see sidebar), I won a few times, so now I am going to turn those winnings into quilts. This one is called Curved Rails, but I think they look like little landscapes. I am making the quilt 6x8 blocks. This one is going to be very cool, it's all batiks. I am putting in the sashing using a pieced method. You can see some really good instructions at VALERIE'S site.


I don't have them all together yet, but you can get the gist of it. Can't you just see little cows and sheep on those hills?? NOT that I am going to appliqué any on, well, maybe I will do 1 or 2, lol.

Later,
WilmaNC

7 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, these are really cool! Sashing breaks them up - like little windows. Very nice.

Sheila said...

I agree with Sharon and you. Your blocks look like little landscapes. I must give this a try sometime.

weidemama said...

Hello Wilma
Looks good, but I cannot see the cows, in spite of binoculars, laughing .......

Grüße von Wilma

Brandie said...

Great colors, they do look like landscapes.

Gari in AL said...

I think your ability to see landscapes makes this quilt really interesting.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The sashing is a great idea, it will be lovely!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The sashing is a great idea, it will be lovely!