Share |

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmasy Things and a Request for Knitters

I entered a table runner in the contest at the Quilting Gallery. It is one of my favorites from the monthly table runners that were put out by Cotton Way. I love all of the patterns they make.  It is machine appliquéd and machine quilted. I have only one more to do and then I will have the entire year done.


In my little online group, ABC Quilters, we did a fabric challenge. My sister Roma sent us each a half yard of Christmas fabric and we were to make something out of it to swap. The rule was to make something you would like to receive. I made pillows from mine. Well, when the challenge was over, we were told that we each keep what we made for ourself!!!! Cool, eh? (We are always looking for a few new members who will participate in our little projects.)


I was in a doll quilt swap at the Quilting Bee Forum (see sidebar) and this is the quilt I received. It is so cute!!!! Thanks, Kim Duggin, for the sweet quilt that will go on the wall with my others.


We also did a Secret Santa on the ABC group. We used the word Christmas, and had to give something that started with each letter of the word. I got some really nice things from my sister, Roma.


Oh, and I got this pattern for a Swirl Christmas tree from Frivolous Necessity. It is sooo sweet. I am in the process of sewing down all of the pieces. My sister Patty did one in a red/green color way. It is such a unique pattern.


So, that's all of the pics I have to share right now.

                                            KNITTERS
 I have a request. I want to knit toe up socks. I have googled and watched youtube videos up the ying yang and can't seem to get the toe started. I tried the figure 8, which everything said was the easiest. Do any of you have a preferred way? And if you do, will you share with me. Thanks!!!!

Later!
WilmaNC

9 COMMENT:

Sheila said...

Very Nice table runner! Pretty Christmas pillows! It's beginning to LOOK a lot like Christmas :D

Angie said...

You have the most adorable Christmas/Winter quilty items, girl! I love them all...I especially love the Snowman/Winter/Snowman banners. I'm going to try to find the pattern for those. :) I am a beginner knitter so I can't help you with the socks---would love to learn how to do those myself, so I'll be interested in any comments or info you get.

Belinda said...

OOOooooh I love everything!! I would love to do a Swirl tree like that!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the swirl tree! So many pretties

Paula, the quilter said...

Hey Wilma, I'm back! Try this long-tail cast-on from Queen Kahuna Creations: http://queenkahuna-creations.com/crazytoesandheels_alohacaston.pdf I usually cast-on about 12 stitches but then I like a much more rounded toe.

Miss Hillbilly said...

That swirly tree is wonderful!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I can't help with the knitting, sorry. I love the idea of the monthly table runners

Lucy said...

The table runner has so many interesting things on it. I also
love the pillows.

Crystal Stanworth said...

I love the blue version so much I think I need one... or TEN more! Thanks for posting it. It's gorgeous!