Share |

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Beautiful day yesterday

Yesterday we decided to take off and go up on the Blue Ridge Parkway and drive north. We stopped at Mount Mitchell since it was on the way, then headed to Linville Falls. The weather was perfect, and the views beautiful. The leaves are just starting to turn, which always brings on the tourists in this area.


But we were very lucky and had over 20 minutes at this top overlook all to ourselves. Between Mitchell and here we walked about 3 miles, over half of it uphill, lol.

Then on the way back we stopped at Alta Pass Orchard for some apples. I bought 2 pecks to make applesauce on Friday. Another thing I love about fall.

Then of course on the way back through Burnsville, I had to stop at the quilt shop, Needle Me This, just to "look around". I love this quilt shop. It is so light and breezy inside, and the owners are soooo nice and friendly, and of course I love their fabric selection. Dave was with me, so of course I ended up buying stuff, lol.

I got a Halloween panel that has 2 different panels. A lady shopping there told me she made a wallhanging using one on each side and it came out really cute. Didn't take much to talk me into buying it.


The stripey fabric above will be a border. I think it's so cute!!

Then Dave found some bins marked "orphan fat quarters" with a little label that said they needed a home. $1.50 each. He picked out 4 and said I needed them. He also liked the packet of fall fat quarters, and I just had to get the charm pack of Sunkissed fabrics.


All in all it was a fun day out.

Oh, I made another snap bag. I like them with the longer handles. I think I will make more in fall colors and try to sell a few at the shop. Although, it seems that what folks usually buy are the kleenex holders, and bookmarks. Cheap I guess, lol.



This weekend is the Asheville Quilt Show. I want to go. Will see if sister Roma would want to go with me on Saturday, but if she is busy, I know that Dave will go with me on Friday. We'll see.

Later,
WilmaNC

5 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the Trick or Treat panel - candy apples, yumm! Think next year my grandsons will be old enough to make those with me after our apple pickin' trip.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

What a great day! beautiful scenery, and yummy fabrics! and i need to make one of your snap bags!

Lucy said...

The snap bag has beautiful colors. I love the material.This time of year is so nice with the changing of the leaves. Look forward to seeing what you do with the Halloween panels.

Cheryl Warren said...

I'm looking forward to learning to make those snap bags one day.

The DH is just home from 2 weeks in the hospital following surgery, otherwise I would be coming up to
Asheville for the quilt show. Maybe we can meet up next year!

Miss Hillbilly said...

That hike sounds so fun. I've had all the stuff to make snap bags for over a month now...maybe SOMEDAY I'll get a few done!